So when we found a Death Star quilt pattern...I knew I had to at least attempt it!
It required learning a new skill...English Paper Piecing (EPP). I am so thankful for the internet and a connection and a laptop computer! Google found the information I needed to begin the Death Star.
link to pattern .... patchwork-death-star-pattern
|All the pieces cut apart|
I did not have the fabric glue for basting...so...I figured that this skill is older than glue pens...
...so there must be another way...
...very "old school" ... I thread basted all my little pieces to their paper shapes.
|Here are a few of the pieces and the little helpers (plastic paper clips) that made it possible to sew these!|
|This is the lower section seen from the wrong side.|
|Lower section, right side up|
|Top half in progress|
|When I carefully compared my work to the pattern...it is a little larger, so the back ground pattern got trimmed a little.|
yes, I did have lots of basting threads to remove, but they came out easily.
|All put together and quilted.|
|back of quilting...will be inside pillow|
The quilt that goes with this pillow is still under construction...will not be completed before the birthday.