Pages

Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 9, 2012

and knits!

A dear friend of mine likes to give very special gifts to the people she loves, so when her dear friend, Ann, announced that she was going to be a grandmother at last, Char enlisted my help to produce a one-of-a-kind gift for the Mother-to-be.
We went to Sugarfootyarns.com to look at yarn, then went to that very nice yarn shop to purchase the softest wool.... Cascade Superwash Sport in three colors!
I went home with the yarn to begin knitting a blanket on my knitting machine, Char went home and got very sick! (just a co-incidence, not cause & effect!) Here is the end result of my knitting; blanket on machine, hat by hand.

Blanket and hat on a doll bench my dad made

Close-up of the Shaker Rib edge

All spread out, so all the squares are visible
The baby isn't born yet so I guess I got it done just in time!

No comments:

Post a Comment