Pages

Search This Blog

Saturday, July 6, 2013

Red, White, and Blue Chevron Quilt

I make things for The Ships Project...visit their web page http://www.theshipsproject.com/
Knit hats for the winter and Cool ties (neck-coolers) for summer, and occasionally a quilt. I call this one the Deer Quilt.

This one was a special request,

See the deer and other wild life!

Sometimes I just make one from what I have on hand, or what is donated. My friend, Susan, an experienced Quilter, gave me some squares of cloth she no longer wanted to keep.
These are some of the left over squares!
The original pile was probably enough to make 2 or 3 Twin Quilts.
Susan also introduced me to the concept of "half square triangles".  So I used her squares and tried out her technique and made this quilt.
A view of the whole quilt
Another friend, Sharon, is a professional long arm quilter.  She donated her quilting services for soldier care quilts.
Close up of one of the stars

Close up of the border detail

Corner detail
Even the back is interesting!

Sharon "fusses" at me if I do not put a label on my quilt!
I have started another quilt using Susan's squares and some white on white prints...taking photos as I sew this time!

No comments:

Post a Comment